Welcome to CHEP2015
"Evolution of Software and Computing for Experiments"
In 2015, the LHC will restart. Experimental groups at the LHC have reviewed their Run 1 experiences in detail, acquired the latest computing and software technologies, and constructed new computing models to prepare for Run 2. On the side of the intensity frontier, SuperKEKB will start commissioning in 2015, and fixed-target experiments at CERN, Fermilab and J-PARC are growing bigger in size. In nuclear physics field, FAIR is under construction and RHIC well engaged into its Phase-II research program facing increased datasets and new challenges with precision Physics. For the future, developments are progressing towards the construction of ILC. In all these projects, computing and software will be even more important than before. Beyond those examples, non-accelerator experiments are also seeking novel computing models as their apparatus and operation become larger and distributed. With much progress, thoughts and new directions made in recent years, we strongly feel we have reached the perfect time where meeting together and sharing our experiences will be highly beneficial.
- The conference was held at Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST).
- The WLCG (Worldwide LHC Computing Grid) Collaboration Workshop took place at the same venue on April 11th and 12th as the collocated events.
- The HEP Software Foundation meeting was held at April 17th afternoon as a BoF (Birds-of-a-feather) session during the CHEP2015.
- Platinum Sponsors:
- Dell Inc.
- EMC Corporation
- Intel Corporation
- International Business Machines Corp (IBM)
- Lenovo Corporation
- Gold Sponsors:
- DataDirect Networks Inc.
- Fujitsu Limited
- Hewlett-Packard Company
- ITOCHU Techno-Solutions Corporation (CTC)
- Juniper Networks, Inc.
- Silver Sponsors:
- Hitachi, Ltd.
- HPC Solutions
- NS Solutions
- Bronze Sponsors:
- Brocade Communications Systems, Inc.
- Infortrend Technology, Inc.
- Super Micro Computer Inc.
- Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT)
- Okinawa Convention & Visitors Bureau (OCVB)
- Okinawa Prefecture
- Host Institutes:
- High Energy Accelerator Research Organization (KEK)
- International Center for Elementary Particle Physics (ICEPP), The University of Tokyo
- Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST)
- Research Center for Nuclear Physics (RCNP), Osaka University
- RIKEN Nishina Center for Accelerator-Based Science